The Long House is an imposing and beautifully restored grade II listed town house in the centre of Sandwich with a self contained cottage ( The Short House) offering 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms in total. The present owners have lovingly restored the property keeping many original features including Tudor grisaille wall paintings and embossed pargetting and is reputed to be the oldest inhabited houses in the town. The original building on the site dating back to 1290. The property now combines centuries of history with modern amenities and is in the enviable position of being only 500 yards from local shops and across the road from a local pub.
The property comprises of :
- Entrance hall
- Kitchen/diner with all modern appliances including AGA, microwave, dishwasher, oak table and chairs for 10
- Utility room with washing machine & tumble dryer
- Traditional Study with desk
- Lounge with sofas and sky TV
- Bathroom 1 with shower, Basin and WC
- Wfi, Freeview, Sky/Sky plus
- Bedroom 1 – king-size bed,
- Bedroom 2 - Four poster bed
- Bedroom 3 – super king-size bed, En-suite bathroom with bath with handheld shower basin & W.C
- Bathroom with bath, , separate shower, basin & WC
- Bedroom 4 - – king-size bed, Dressing area En-suite bathroom bath,with overhead shower, basin & W.C
- Beautiful walled garden, private formal rear garden with topiary, flint stone walls, stone terracing, ponds and statuary.
- Large car park for several vehicles plus garage and backing on to the river Stour.
- Garden furniture, BBQ,
The Short House is self-contained, with its own walled garden, comprises of
- Entrance hall
- Sitting Room with three seater sofa and an armchair. TV/DVD with Sky package including Sky sports
- Kitchen with bistro table and two chairs fully equipped including an electric oven, gas hob ,microwave, fridge/freezer ,washing machine and coffee maker
- Bedroom 1 super king-size bed. En-Suite Shower Room washbasin and w.c
Garden: Private walled garden with table and chairs, pond with water feature, planted raised borders, fig tree and medieval Custom House.
There is also ample parking for 5 cars.
Also Provided: iPod dock. Two mountain bikes are stored in the Custom House for guest's use plus the barbecue.